I got sick about 8 years ago and everything I ate made me sick in some way. I was diagnosed with Fructose Malabsorption and given a referral to see a dietitian and to eat fodmaps. My reactions were IBS symptoms or a weird foggy headed'ness that could last for days! I had no idea where to turn or what to do to navigate this life of being so restricted.
I've had a few life events that added to my gut exploding. The ones that I feel added to becoming unwell are:
· I suffered from migraines and was medicated for a little while as a child. At 23yrs I decided I needed to drink at least 2ltr of water a day, surprisingly my headaches/migraines reduced to 1 or 2 a year instead of weekly!
· I had an eating disorder at 14yrs.
· I was always on birth control due to horrific period pain of later discovered endometriosis.
· At 21yrs I would get long bouts of tonsillitis which required penicillin shots and months of antibiotics for it to finally end.
· For a number of years I didn't really drink water, just coke and coffee, I ate so much takeaway, mostly ate 2min noodles, I cannot really remember eating nutritious meals unless someone else cooked for me, like Mum or Grandma! Everything I ate was processed.
· I’ve had 10 surgeries, most of them I would have been pumped full of antibiotics as part of the unknown process, and pain killers after.
· I had a major motor bike accident at 23yrs, I was hospitalised for a number of weeks including
being put into a drug induced coma. While this saved my life the medications given would have added to my terrible gut health. I was also in huge amounts of pain for two years after where some days I could easily take up to 16 pain killers a day.
· I went through divorce at 31yrs, which was the most stressful 12 months of my life!
· I had an undetected parathyroid tumor for quite possibly a number of years that added to my mental health stress among other things.
I have read that one course of antibiotics can mess up your gut health for up to 12 months, imagine what my gut would have been like after all of this!
I spent around 6 years trying anything and everything to heal, in the end it was a number of things but in Feb 21 I undertook a 23 day fast then ate a wholefoods diet. I went from having leaky gut, candida and a bad bacteria overgrowth to none of that when I got my gut microbiome tested a year later.
My goal is to help you navigate healing your gut and to manage all the information on how to heal. I will give you the tools and support to live a life with abundance as ease!
As a professionally trained life coach, I have the tools, experience and understanding to help you heal your gut and have a freedom to choose what ever you want from a menu!
Having been trained by The Life Coach School my focus is on my clients committing to a healthier lifestyle. Committing to a new life can be challenging but I break it down into easy steps. My commitment is to provide you with accountability, understanding and support.
Please contact us if you cannot find an answer to your question.
Coaching is an interactive experience where we discover your goals and your passions and use them to help you travel down a path to the life you want.
100%! What happens in our sessions stays in our sessions, just like seeing a therapist.
The time that your coaching process will take depends on the complexity of your goals and your commitment and openness to your process.
Copyright © 2022 Funky Guts - All Rights Reserved.